- What faith did you grow up in?
- What is important to you now about Quakerism?
- Have you stayed in this tradition?
- Have you ever left (formally or informally) for a period of time and then come back to it? Tell me a bit about one of those times. What did you learn from that experience in terms of your faith and spiritual life?
- What feeds your spiritual life (examples: going to meeting, meditation, connecting with nature, music, etc)?
- Do you attend a worship service on a regular basis? What is powerful for you about that worship?
- What struggles do you have with being faithful, generally? Where do you find renewal?
- When you were 15, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Where did you attend college? What was your major in college? If you did graduate work, what degree(s) did you pursue and what were their topics?
- How would you describe your career path?
- Have you had trying times in your work (struggling to find work or discern what career path you should be on?), and how did you work your way through those?
- How would you describe your current position?
- How did you come to apply for this job?
- How much, if any, influence did your faith have in how you responded to applying for it?
- What influences does your faith have in your job today?
- How would you describe your leadership skills?
- How did you learn leadership skills – within the Quaker world? Outside of it? In either case, describe some of the ways you’ve learned these skills?
- Do you feel your work brings you closer or further away to your faith and faithfulness?
Intersections between the two
- How well do you feel your work is understood and supported by your meeting?
- Do you have a support committee, elder, or other structure for support and accountability in your meeting?
- Who have your mentors been? (generally, spiritually, work, all of the above)
Offerings & Advices
- What is something you wish you’d known at x, y, z points in your spiritual path and/or career?
- What are five books you would recommend that have been powerful to you in your spiritual life? [COMING SOON]
- What is the best piece of advice you’ve gotten about spiritual/ faith journeys? What is your favorite piece of advice you like to give others about spirituality/ faithfulness?
- What are five books that have been meaningful to you in your career in some way? [COMING SOON]
- What is the best piece of advice you’ve received about your career/ work path? What is your favorite advice to give to other people who seem to be or are already on similar trajectories as you are on?